Care Manager for The Adult Foster/Family Care (AFC) Program
The Adult Foster/Family Care program is a Mass Health funded program that keeps families together as an alternative to assisted living/residential placement. The AFC Caregiver is paid a tax free stipend in exchange for caring for a family or non family member who needs assistance with activities of daily living. The AFC member lives in the home of the caregiver.
The Arc of the South Shore is looking for a Care Manager to be part of a creative team to conduct home visits, assess AFC members’ needs, develop and manage care plans, provide caregiver support and training, and ensure AFC member and AFC Caregivers’ files remain up to date. The work schedule requires flexibility and is balanced between home visits, outreach and marketing for the AFC program, team meetings as needed, and working in the office. Travel throughout South Eastern Ma. is required. Mileage reimbursement is available. This is a full time (40 hrs.) salaried position. Very Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits.
Bachelors Degree required with at least 3 to 5 years of Human Service experience working with the Elderly or Disabled.
Must be able to independently manage a caseload and provide all encompassing care management.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Sensitivity to elder/disabled issues.
Intermediate computer skills.
Must have a valid MA driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of insurance.
AFC Care Manager Responsibilities
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments of the AFC Caregivers Home
- Obtain all needed AFC assessments and evaluations
- Evaluate and provide ongoing training and supervision of the AFC Caregiver
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of the AFC Plan of Care, in conjunction with the AFC Nurse.
- Conduct on-site visits with each AFC member and Caregiver in their home.
( bi-monthly for Level 1, monthly for Level 2)
- Complete a Care Management Progress Note corresponding with each home visit and upon significant change.
- Periodically review Caregiver log.
- Assist with obtaining healthcare information as needed
- Review and document the fire and safety procedures for the home setting.
- Review at least annually the suitability of the home setting.
- Participate in discharge planning and implementation as needed.
- Participate in outreach and marketing of AFC program.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Katie Hanley, Director of Community Supports:
or fax to 781.331.6021 Attn: Katie Hanley